Victim Support at Court(V-SAC) are looking to appoint a psychologist or psychotherapist, on an external contract basis, to support our large volunteer team.
Victim Support at Court (V-SAC) is the only recognised specialist voluntary service in Ireland dedicated solely to court accompaniment for victims of crime, their families, and other witnesses. We are at the forefront of delivering a high-quality court accompaniment service within the Irish Judicial System and are currently piloting our second expansion project which will help V-SAC towards becoming a national service.
Victim Support at Court (V-SAC) wish to appoint a sessional psychologist or psychotherapist with relevant experience to offer:
- Lead monthly group supervision (In person or online) sessions to our invaluable volunteers at our Dublin base (Criminal Courts of Justice) and to our regional volunteers (e.g., Midlands, Western & Northern regions).
- Provide individual sessions of supervision, upon request, for paid staff of VSAC.
- Deliver bespoke training to our volunteers in areas regarding managing vulnerable people, active listening, boundaries training, and among others.
- Maintaining accurate and confidential records in line with Data Protection guidelines.
- Ability to work according to V-SAC process and procedures.
- Ability to work with a wide range of issues that pertain to victims of crime.
This service would need to be provided between Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Access to a car (desirable).
- A clinical training qualification (minimum Master’s degree) in Counselling Psychology, Psychotherapy or Clinical Psychology.
- Be registered/ accredited with either the PSI, ICP or equivalent professional body.
- Have relevant work experience preferably in charity and volunteer sector.
Hourly rate: Negotiable
Closing date: Friday 24th March 2023
Please email your expression of interest cover letter (one page) & CV to Dympna Kenny, Victim Support at Court General Manager, email@example.com .