The board of directors at Victim Support at Court (V-SAC) are looking for expressions of interest from individuals with relevant experience who are looking to become directors of a vibrant and growing charity.
Victim Support at Court(V-SAC) is the only recognised specialist voluntary service in Ireland dedicated solely to court accompaniment for victims of crime, their families and other witnesses. We are at the forefront of delivering a high-quality court accompaniment service within the Irish Judicial System and are currently piloting our second expansion project which will help V-SAC towards becoming a national service.
In line with current legislation, V-SAC directors are unpaid but vouched out-of- pocket expenses will be re-imbursed. V-SAC board meetings are held remotely and in person in Dublin.
DUTIES OF DIRECTORS:
The duties of Directors include:
- Continuing the commitment by V-SAC to good governance, inclusion and to maintaining the highest of ethical standards
- Attendance at monthly board meetings
- Monitoring the performance of V-SAC especially against its strategic priorities and the annual work plan agreed by the Board
- Leading on specific tasks or strategic objectives as delegated by the Board
- Development of policy in relation to the above areas or others, as required
- Willingness to serve on ad hoc subcommittees as required
Time commitment: 2-4 hours per month, approx.
V-SAC welcomes expressions of interest from potential directors with expertise or high
level experience of the following skills:
- Communications (Media and Public Relations training).
- Human Resource Management.
- Relevant financial skills – ideally a qualified accountant.
- Strategic planning, risk management, policy preparation and fundraising skills will also be looked at favourably.
V-SAC is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity. We welcome submissions from appropriately qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
Expressions of interest may be made in confidence to the Chairperson at email@example.com. Please submit a curriculum vitae and a brief statement outlining your interest and relevant experience before 12pm on Monday 28th March.